In 2022, the Indiana 4‑H Foundation awarded 44 Accomplishment Scholarships and one Special Merit Scholarship to 4‑H members who have excelled in specific project areas. The scholarship committee selected scholarship recipients through a competitive application process that begins with written applications, résumés, and life skill reflection essays submitted by applicants in the late fall. A preliminary panel of judges screens each application and selected applicants are later interviewed by a team of judges who make final award decisions.
Special thanks to our Endowment Scholarship Sponsors:
- Barbara J. Faris Scholarship Endowment
- Don and Jackie Kremer Family 4 H Scholarship Endowment
- Dr. Ella Luzar Plant & Environmental 4‑H Scholarship Endowment
- Katie Stam Irk Servant Leadership sponsored by Gerald and Robin Nickel
- Nola Gentry Charitable Trust
- Paulette LeCount-Dowden Scholarship Endowment
- Philip Wise Family 4- H Scholarships for Leadership and Animal Science
- Stubbe Truitt 4 H Scholarship Endowment for Leadership
- William Viar 4‑H Scholarship Endowment
Special thanks to our Scholarship Sponsors:
These scholarships are based solely on 4‑H achievements and support recipients in their different avenues of post-high school education. They are awarded to members who live up to the 4‑H motto of making the best better.
Each fall, applications are accepted through the Purdue University Cooperative Extension Office of the member’s home county. Foundation scholarships are awarded at the county level and are often supported by individuals, Extension groups, companies and organizations throughout the state. These contributors, along with the contributions of the Indiana 4‑H Foundation, enable more than 200 members each year to be Foundation Scholarship recipients.
Special thanks to our Scholarship Sponsors:
- Alice Gentry 4‑H Scholarship Endowment
- Beck’s Hybrids (through Legacy fund)/Anderson Scholarship Endowment
- Dennis Polk Family 4‑H Scholasrhip Endowment
- Dr. Pat Jarboe Buchanan Scholarship Endowment
- Eddleman Family Scholarship Endowment
- Jeff Holland 4‑H Scholarship
- Jennings Scholarship Endowment
- Keefus Scholarship Endowment
- LaPorte County 4‑H Booster and Alumni Endowment
- Louis and Mary Luzar 4‑H Scholarship Endowment
- Richard Ladd Scholarship Endowment
- Robert E. and Maureen K. Anderson Scholarship Endowment
The Foundation administers two interest-free loan programs for academic juniors and seniors at Purdue University – the Bob Amick Loan Fund and the Myers Family 4‑H Loan.
Students are eligible for one loan from one fund per academic year with a maximum of two loans during their academic junior and senior years. Additionally, students who are given one of these loans in their junior years cannot apply for a second loan until they have made academic progress and are classified as seniors.
Click on the application links below to learn more about the specific eligibility requirements and repayment stipulations.
Scholarship Recipients Tell Their Stories About the Impact of 4‑H
Anika Kinnear was selected for the 2023 Premier Achievement Accomplishment Scholarship.
Knic Royer was selected for the 2023 Premier Civic Engagement Scholarship.
Cassie Burgett was selected for the 2023 Premier Leadership Scholarship.
2022 Scholarship Luncheon Event Gallery
The Indiana 4‑H Foundation hosts this annual luncheon to publicly recognize our scholarship recipients.
2022 Scholarship Luncheon Step & Repeat Gallery
It was great seeing so many familiar faces and meeting new friends!
2022 Accomplishment Scholarship Recipients
“I will use this scholarship wisely… I truly appreciate your support and look forward to giving back to 4‑H in my future.”
“Thank you so much for supporting me and selecting me to receive the Indiana 4‑H Foundation Scholarship… I can’t adequately express how important this is to me and how important 4‑H has been to me. The importance and generosity of organizations like 4‑H are invaluable to this community. I am forever grateful.”
“I am honored to continue to represent Indiana 4‑H as a recipient of this generous scholarship [that will] go towards my college tuition. Thank you for reviewing my application and giving me this wonderful opportunity to follow my dreams.”
“Thank you so much for your generous scholarship through the Indiana 4‑H Foundation! I am so appreciative of your constant support for my 4‑H career and future plans. You truly have made a difference in my life!”